Monday, March 7, 2016

Without Him . . .


 
Without Him I could do nothing,
Without Him I'd surely fail;
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail.
Without Him I would be dying,
Without Him I'd be enslaved;
Without Him life would be hopeless--
But with Jesus, thank God, I'm saved.
 
Jesus, O Jesus!  Do you know Him today?
Do not turn Him away!  O Jesus, O Jesus,
Without Him, how lost I would be.
~By Mylon R. LeFevre (Copyright 1963, LeFevre Sing Publ. Co.)
 
What can I do without Jesus?  Nothing.  Several times in the last year, He has brought me to my knees in the realization my life is His, not mine.  I can truly do nothing without Him. 
 
My "self" has continually gotten in the way of that over the years, I always try to maintain control of my situation . . . I can't let down my guard and lose control of anything in my life, so I can't truly give the Lord my EVERYTHING.  The past year was taken up with many medical problems, each to the point where I had to let go and let Jesus take over a little more of my life.
 
Recently, my husband has been dealing with a potentially serious illness, and the stress of waiting for diagnosis has finally brought me to a point where I can honestly give my life over to the Lord . . . it's too much for me to handle and my life really belongs to Him.  The Lord truly knows what's best for us, He is truly in charge.  I can rest in whatever situation He has for me; I know it has been allowed by Him, He will help me through it and will help me to learn in it.  Thank you, Jesus!
 
Not that I speak in regard to need,
 for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content;
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. 
Everywhere and in all things I have learned
both to be full and to be hungry,
both to abound, and to suffer need. 
 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
~Philippians 4:11-13
 
*Photo by Olivia Richardson, Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment